More and more agents choosing OTM and Zoopla over Rightmove

More and more agents choosing OTM and Zoopla over Rightmove

Further endorsement of what MRC have believed for some time, as a Sales and Lettings business we get significantly more, and better-quality leads from OTM and Zoopla.

As reported in Property Industry Eye this week.

More video testimonials have been published on the OnTheMarket site as part of OTM’s latest recruitment push.

They include one from Julia Dajani, who owns Elizabeth Scott Estate Agents in Surrey, and another from Chris Hope, partner at ten-branch firm Dawsons in south Wales.

Both are highly critical of Rightmove which both have left – one saying that departure was a “scary thought”.

Dajani says: “We have survived very difficult markets because we have made smart decisions, and one of these has been to leave Rightmove and join OnTheMarket.

“Everyone wants value for money, people don’t mind paying for something if they are getting value and Rightmove wasn’t value to us, OnTheMarket is value for money.”

She says that OnTheMarket is providing 66% of her email leads while Zoopla provides the remaining 34%.

She says: “When we were on Rightmove previously, we were getting much much less. OnTheMarket has surpassed our expectations.

“It’s a scary thought if an agent needs to leave Rightmove but as a small company we took the plunge and it’s made absolutely no difference to our business at all.”

Hope, whose firm now lists with only Zoopla and OTM, says in his video: “The cost we pay for OnTheMarket is very fair when you compare it to the cost of the other portals which are coming to see you every 12 months and try to push the fees up.

“Rightmove in particular was becoming very frustrating because they wanted to have more control and more of a say over how we spend our money and they looked forward to coming back with another rate rise.”

Comments


x